Japan Rail Pass
You can go almost anywhere in Japan with Japan Rail Pass
- Japan Rail Pass covers all areas of Japan where JR lines run through.
- 7, 14 or 21 consecutive day pass are available
- Ordinary(Economy Class) and Green(Business Class) are available
- We especially recommend it for the first time travelers who wish to visit many popular spots throughout the country economically and wisely.
HIS itravel2000..com Toronto Branch Pick Up
- If you prefer to pick up your JR pass at HIS Toronto Branch, please do not book online. Contact our Toronto branch at 416-216-0937 or visit us directly.
- Step 1 Purchase and receive Exchange order from our Vancouver or Toronto office.
- Step 2 After arrive in Japan, take your Exchange Order to an exchange location.
- You need your passport to exchange it and select the day you would like to start using.
- You will receive your JR Pass after the confirmation of eligibility.
- Minimum Participant(s)
- 1 Person
- Tour Operator
- Japan Railways
- no meal
- Tour Start Time
- Japan Rail Pass
Cancellation / Change policy
- 180 days before the start of the tour: 10%
The voucher is refundable if you returned it within one year of the date of issue.
The pass can be refunded if it is completely unused.
You will be refunded the value of the PASS in yen, less a 10% handling fee.
No refund/reissue service is provided for a lost or stolen pass.
The name on the exchange voucher needs to be exactly the same as the name in your passport.
The voucher is valid for exchange up to 3-months following the date of issue.
When exchanging the voucher you would need to present your passport along with proper documentation in order to prove your eligibility.
The activation date of the pass, once the pass has been exchanged, can no longer be changed.
Please check the official web site for the Japan Rail Pass Exchange Office & Hours.
Valid on all JR "bullet trains/Shinkansen" (except for “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains) limited express trains, express trains, rapid or local trains, and the BRT. (With some exceptions).
The pass is valid on the Tokyo Monorail, some lines of the Aoimori Railway, and local JR buses(some lines are excluded).
The Pass is also valid on the JR-West Miyajima ferry.
The Japan Rail Pass is not valid on private (non-JR) railway lines such as Hakone-Tozan, Nankai Koya, Fujikyu, and Kitakinki-Tango. Some JR trains do travel over non-JR tracks and JR Pass holders are required to pay a supplement for this part of the journey (either onboard or at the station).
It is a personal pass meant for only one person. Always carry your passport along with the Pass. The station staff may check the passport for validity.
- For more information please visit:Japan Railways Group Page
With the Pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats in Japan.
To access the platforms, show your pass and/or your ticket to the JR staff located at the gate to the platform.
To reserve a seat, go to see the agents at the JR ticket office in Japan.
The voucher is refundable if you return an unused exchange voucher within one year of the date of issue.
If you have purchased an Exchange Order at H.I.S. Canada Inc., a refund for your Exchange Order is available only at H.I.S. Canada Inc. Please be aware that if you have purchased an Exchange Order/JAPAN RAIL PASS with a credit card, a refund is available only to your original credit card. You will be refunded the value of the PASS in yen, less a 10% handling fee.
No refund/reissue is provided for a lost or stolen pass.
Japan Rail Pass is a special train ticket that can only be purchased by visitors to Japan. In order to purchase and utilize the pass, you would need to fit at least one of the two requirements listed below.
If you are unable to turn in your Exchange Order for a pass because you fail to meet the exchange conditions, you will not be eligible to receive any compensation from the JR Group for use of JR lines during your stay in Japan.
1. You are a foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sight-seeing, under the entry status of "temporary visitor." "Temporary Visitor" entry status, according to Japanese Immigration Law, allows a stay in Japan of 15 days or 90 days for "sight-seeing, etc." If you apply for a "stay for sight-seeing" when you enter Japan, entry personnel will stamp your passport as "Temporary Visitor". Only people who have a passport bearing this stamp can use a JAPAN RAIL PASS.
2. You are a Japanese national living outside of Japan who meets the following conditions. People who have both their Japanese passport and written proof—obtained from the embassy or legation of Japan in the foreign country where they live—that they have been living legally in the country for 10 consecutive years or more
- 《Acceptable written proof》
1.Copy of your Overseas Residential Registration issued by the embassy or legation of Japan in the foreign country where you live (limited to an Overseas Residential Registration with a date of acceptance at least 10 years earlier)
2.Certificate of Overseas Residence issued by the embassy or legation of Japan in the foreign country where you live (limited to a Certificate of Overseas Residence with a date at least 10 years earlier as the date on which your address (or place of temporary residence) was established as your present address)
3. As a special case limited to the USA, Brazil, and Canada, the Permanent Resident Card issued by these 3 countries can be used as written proof until further notice (limited to a Permanent Resident Card confirming your stay in the relevant country for 10 years or more).