Wildlife Preserve & Takhini Hot Springs (November - April)
- Afternoon／4 Hours／Daily
- Departure from White Horse
- Yukon Wildlife preserve, which is located 30 km away from the city side keeps various northern species in large natural landscapes.
You can experience iconic Yukon species such as Thin horn sheep (White sheep), Big horn bison, Mountain goat, Deer, Elk, Caribou, Moose and Msuk-ox.
- You can experience Yukon wildlife close to them.
- You can relax at Takhini Hot Springs which was used as Yukon resort facility for a long time.
Please kindly bring your swimsuits as they require to enter the hot spring with swimsuits.
- Around 1:20 pm Depart from hotel in Whitehorse
- Around 2:00 pm Yukon Wildlife Preserve Watching Tour (about 2 hours)
- Around 4:00 pm Takhini Hot Springs (about 1 hour)
- Around 5:30 pm Arrive at hotel in Whitehorse
- Minimum Participant(s)
- 2 Person
- Tour Operator
- Northern Tales/Arctic Range
- no meal
- Tour Start Time
- 4 Hours
- Meeting Place
- Please check your voucher
- Meeting Place
- Hotel in Whitehorse
- Dismissing Time
- Around 5:30 am
- Dismissing Place
- Hotel in Whitehorse
- Round trip transportation, Entrance fee (Wildlife Preserve & Takhini Hot Springs), Japanese or English speaking tour guide, Tax, Gratuities
Cancellation / Change policy
- 21 days before the start of the tour: 100%
* The specified time is based on the departure city (White Horse).
* A change fee will also be charged as required to correct your name. Please apply with the same spelling as your passport.
* We are not responsible for exchange losses at the time of application and cancellation/change.
- You can apply only to those who participate in the HIS Winter Aurora viewing Tour.
- This tour could be mixed with participants from other tours.
- Please remind that the tour schedule may change due to weather conditions.
- Please kindly bring your swimsuits as they require to enter the hot spring with swimsuits.
You can also rental swimsuits, towels and beach sandals at Takhini Hot Springs, and you need to pay directly to them.
The price list is as below;
・1 Towel: CA$3.00+tax
・A pair of beach sandals: CA$1.00+tax
・1 Swimsuit: CA$3.00+tax
・1 Swimsuit + 1 Towel combo: CA$5.00+tax
- In December, children under 12 years old cannot enter a hot spring as we keep them away from dark dangerous places.
- Child price is only applicable when accompanied by 1 or more adults. In addition, it will be a limited fee for advance reservations. We request that children under 5 years old do not participate in this tour for security reasons.
- The Tour duration may change due to the number of participants, the crowded sightseeing places and the traffic condition. We will not accept your refund requests for duration differences that are caused by these reasons.
- If you do not arrive at gathering place 10 minutes later than the departure time, we consider you cancel the tour and we are unable to accept your refund requests.
- As this tour could be mixed with participants from other tours, we will pick up participants at each gathering place. If participants whom we pick up before you are late for the departure time, you may need to wait for our pick up. If none shows 10 minutes later than the departure time, please kindly contact with the emergency desk.
- If a single traveler wishes to participate in a tour with a minimum of 2 people, the tour will be decided if you pay the fee for 2 people at the time of application. If there are other participants on the day of the tour, we will refund one person after the tour.
- QCan I sign up for the Yellowknife Aurora tour with a company other than HIS and still sign up for this activity?
AWe are sorry, but this activity is only for those who participate in the HIS Winter Aurora Package. To reserve this tour, please visit our package page and choose your trip.
- QCan you arrange plane tickets with this tour?
AYes! Please feel free to ask for plane/train/bus tickets for travel within Canada when you apply for the Aurora tour.
- QI would like to apply for the tour but I get an "error" message when I input my credit card information.
AIf by any change your credit card information is not working, please contact HIS Canada.